Wednesday, August 13, 2014

POETRY #1

1. This commercial borrows from Charles Bukowski's "The Laughing Heart."
2. The usage of Bukowski's piece is ironic in that it states, "your life is your life.... submission" yet Levi's is using this as to promote their product and convince their customers to buy it. Life your life freely but make sure to buy our product...
3. This poem represents his reputation as many viewed him as a offensive writer who often used his rebellious, personal background to write his pieces. In "The Laughing Heart," he writes about being free and not falling to submission.
4. I went to google to type in "Levi Go Forth Commercial" when the suggested searches suggested "Levi Go Forth Commercial Charles Bukowski" I clicked on it and found several links to Bukowski's "The Laughing Heart." I assumed that this was the source of Levi's inspiration for question number one.
Next, on the same page of links I went to
http://milan-poetry.blogspot.com/2007/03/laughing-heart-charles-bukowski.html?m=1 
in order to read his poem. From there I was able to answer the second question. 
Lastly, into google I searched "Charles Bukowski's reputation" and clicked on 
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/bio/charles-bukowski
to find my third answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment