Monday, January 12, 2015

Masterpiece in Planning

I have a passion for helping others, learning new things, and children. I've recently realized that I want to be an unconditionally giving teacher who teaches more than the basic education but also inspires big dreams. I want to combine my interests to create a philanthropic reality for poor or uneducated children. I want to learn and want others to learn that there is a bigger purpose than just their own and to be aware of their surroundings and how a small act of kindness could change someone's day. To do this, I would have to have an understanding of child psychology, education in basic math, English, and science, and money.  I still need to figure out exactly what this "philanthropic reality" will be. Hannah and I went to the Boys and Girls club over summer to show science experiments so I could plan something along the lines of scheduling a day of spending with the kids doing icebreaker actives, science experiments, poetry crafts, and maybe a field trip. I could also do something at the homeless center by coordinating an informal seminar with the kids and talk about the future and possible careers to think about or something less serious like decorating the center as a carnival/ dance. I want the kids to be inspired from  these events and to dream big. I think one of the most important things is being inspired everyday. When I lose motivation, I always try to find an inspiration. I would definitely need more hands to help this project. I could incorporate Key club into this event as we always look for volunteer events to assist. I would need to organize fundraisers for the money. I want to collect moments of this project with pictures. I could make a video but I also think making a collage of pictures to have a more tangible masterpiece would be nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment