Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Green Eggs & Hamlet

a.) I don't really know a lot about Hamlet except for the fact that he dies at the end of the book.
b.) I remember reading Shakespeare's works (Romeo and Juliet and Julius Caesar) in previous years of English.
c.) I actually liked Shakespeare's work. I think that his stories are classic, must read books. I guess some students don't like his work because it is difficult to understand his old English language.
d.) I think the best way to learn this material is by reading together as a class. I remember reading Romeo and Juliet in my freshman honors English class together and deciding who would be reading what part. It was more enaging and entertaining to have the students participate and read based on how they viewed the character. Another good way is having socratic seminars on the material by sharing ideas about the themes and overall ideas of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment