Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Masterpiece Update!

Well, it's been quite a while since I've posted a masterpiece update but I finally have a plan! Last summer, Hannah and I went to the Boys and Girls Club and demonstrated fun science experiments. At the end of the session, we made a promise to come back and now we'll be able to keep that promise! Hannah, Sierra, and I will be putting on a three day camp for two hours a day during spring break. Hannah plans to have a soccer camp and Sierra plans to do a fashion related activity. I've been going back and forth on what I want to do with the kids from doing more science experiments to having story time or maybe having like a future me workshop where the kids could discover different aspirations. I thought back to my childhood on what the greatest memories were and when at school I had the most fun and also thought when I have the most fun at school today. The key word that came to mind was "interactivity." I loved playing with other kids, building blocks together and playing duck duck goose. And today, I love when we have socratic seminars and when we participate in teambuilding activities. My point being that instead of having a science demonstration or me talking about the future I want it to be all about the kids and engaging. I want to revisit my childhood and do little crafts with them, play duck duck goose and competitive games which like candy prizes. Something to get the kids excited and get to know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment