Sunday, September 28, 2014

Character Study I

I anxiously waited by my front door pacing back and forth, back and forth. I constantly looked out the small peek hole, nervously waiting for someone or more along the lines a piece of paper to arrive. I could feel the sweat building in my hands. I was a nervous wreck. My mother, in her pj's, stumbled across the living room still half asleep. She looked at me confused and asked, "Honey, what are you doing up at five in the morning on a Saturday? And why are you dressed up and not in your pajamas?" Just then, a stack of letters slid through the slot of my door. My mom and I met eyes again and she knew immediately what I had even waiting for. I quickly grabbed the stack and one after another, I checked the addresses. First the electricity bill, next a letter from Grandma Elizabeth and finally, a letter from Pepperdine University. My mom stopped me and said, "Let's pray first." I took a moment to breathe as I had been unconsciously holding my breath.  Slowly I opened the letter. I read, "Dear Judith, Congratulations! You have been accepted to Pepperdine University and we are pleased to greet you to this upcoming 2015-2016 school year." Tears immediately came rushing to my eyes and I was finally able to take a deep breath. I was going to be attending Pepperdine University. 

No comments:

Post a Comment